Monday, June 17, 2013

E2 (Estradiol/Estrogen) Check

Today was my first blood draw to check my E2, or Estradiol (Estrogen) level.  I'm able to get this done at the monitoring clinic here in FW thank goodness.  I can't imagine making a trip to Houston just to have my blood drawn. 

The weather was horrible and I definitely had a hectic morning, but it all worked out just fine.  Again, timing is everything (I'll get to that in a bit) because I ran into my surro-sister, Lisa, who was there for a lining check.  I've met her a few times and she is so sweet.  She is scheduled to transfer next week.  Definitely helped turn my day around a little.  I was running a little late to my appointment because of some car trouble.  Well, specifically, the motor on the back passenger window broke, so I couldn't roll the window up.  It was pouring down rain, so I had to stop at Home Depot and get some plastic and tape to make it to work in the rain.  Not fun!  You should've seen me.  I would've laughed....and I did.  Here I am in my dress and heels sprinting into Home Depot during a torrential down pour.  It was THAT bad.  Luckily I had my hoodie in the car, so that helped a little, but still.  You know there are no close parking spots at Home Depot.  It's just funny, that if I had been on time, we may have missed each other.  Hehe.  Now we just wait for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment