Sunday, December 1, 2013

24 Weeks

C & W's Baby in Week 24 of Pregnancy

Baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of hers are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet.

Since hearing is getting sharper, I have been and will continue to play stories C&W have recorded through my belly buds.  This way their little one will get to know Mommy and Daddy before they arrive earthside.  Obviously, the baby will know the voices of my family, but I really want the baby to know it's parents before he/she is born and this is a great way to do it.  C&W have been great about recording messages and stories to their little one and can't wait to see them hold and talk to their bundle of joy!

My Body in Week 24 of Pregnancy

If your former innie is now an outie, welcome to the club. Almost every expectant mom's pregnant belly button pops at some point as her swelling uterus pushes on everything in its path. Things should return to normal after delivery, though your navel (and some other parts of your body) might look a bit, well, stretched. Just think of it as one more badge of honor that only moms get to wear. What other pregnancy woe is pushing your buttons? Well, probably your uncomfortably numb wrists and fingers, thanks to carpal tunnel syndrome. (Don’t worry — the sensations will disappear when you give birth.)

I'm actually doing ok with both of these for now.  I think seeing my chiropractor has definitely been helpful.  I do remember the numb hands when I slept when I was pregnant with Baby "E", so guess we'll see if it develops later or stays at bay.  I'm feeling fantastic right now and hoping to keep it that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment