Monday, December 30, 2013

OB Appointment and Glucose Test


Today during my OB appointment, it was time for the generally dreaded Glucose test.  I have personally never had any issues with the glucose test.  To me, it tastes a bit like a Sunkist soda.  Some pregnant women can't tolerate it much at all because it is too sweet.  I had 5 minutes to drink it and then would have my blood drawn an hour after that.  I had picked up the drink itself the other day after lunch so that I could drink it before getting to the Dr.'s office to save some time since I would be heading back to work after the appointment.

I got to my appointment and went back for the remainder of the check up while waiting for my blood draw.  It was a good appointment too.  I actually lost 2.4 lbs from the last appointment, which was fine with me since I had gained so much the last time.  My blood pressure was good at 120/66 and the baby's heart rate was 138.  By the time I finished meeting with the OB, I only had a few more minutes before the blood draw, so sat in the lobby until being called back.  It took just a couple of minutes and then I headed back to work. Now to just wait for the results.  They should be back within a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment