Tuesday, December 10, 2013

OB Appointment

OB Appointment today went great.  I have gained a good deal since the last visit, but Dr. wasn't too concerned.  About 7 lbs.  Considering all of the holidays and extra food, guess a little more than usual is expected.  : )

My blood pressure was good at 109/66 and the baby's heart rate was 133.

Apparently, C's Grandfather is a retired OB and actually worked with our OB several years ago.  He called our OB to talk to her and say hi and that she was seeing his Granddaughter.  Hehe.  I mentioned it to Dr. B and we talked a little about the conversation.  She said when he first started talking to her that he didn't mention any names, but then once he told her my name and I was the surrogate, she knew exactly who he was talking about it.  Such a small world.

My company Christmas party is coming up and it is at a bowling alley, so I talked to her about that as well and she said that it would be fine for me to bowl.  Yea!  She was more concerned about a shoulder or elbow injury.  She said to just be conscious of my balance.  I did also talk to her about the Pertussis vaccine and she said that I can get it anytime before the baby is born.  She said that it has been quite prevalent recently and that if I get the vaccine, it will protect the baby for 6 months after birth as well.  I had talked to C about this prior to the appointment as well and she already has the vaccine and was going to tell W to get set up to get a booster too.  Typically, anyone that will be around the baby will need the vaccine.  I will get it at one of my appointments over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment