Sunday, September 1, 2013

11 Weeks

  

C & W's Baby in Week 11 of Pregnancy

The baby (now about two inches long) has been pretty busy this week, growing hair follicles, fingernails, and ovaries (if she's a girl). She has distinct human characteristics by now, with hands and feet in front of her body, with ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of her tiny nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth, and visible nipples. What else makes her look human? Those hands and feet have individual fingers and toes (meaning good-bye to those froglike webbed hands and feet). Hooray!

What's going on with My Body in Week 11 of Pregnancy

Hungry? Good — that's a sign your morning sickness is easing and your appetite is gearing up to help you nourish your body…and baby. But don't go overboard just because you're eating for two: Try to gain efficiently by choosing the most nutritious foods during pregnancy and minimizing the junk. More smart nibbling tactics: Minimize bloating and gas (caused by digestion-slowing progesterone and your growing uterus) by grazing instead of gorging and steering clear of notorious gas producers, such as beans, fried foods, soda, and sweets.

Overall, I'm feeling great.  The nausea has definitely subsided for the most part, although one morning last week, I totally gagged brushing my teeth.  Oh well, all part of the journey, but for the most part, my appetite is coming back.  I still have to eat very small meals and those meals I used to be able to finish, I still can't.  I have started getting kid's meals, which I did at some places already anyway, but now I try to do it everywhere I go.  I eat a lot of smaller meals/snacks throughout the day and that definitely seems to help.  I still haven't really gained any weight even though my belly is growing a little.  There have been a few days that I feel like I've done nothing but eat all day and maybe gain .2 lbs, but then lose it the next day.  Guess this little one is burning lots of calories for me.  : )  hehe  I'll enjoy it while I can.  I can't believe we are almost to the end of the 1st trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment