Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rough few days

I woke up on Thursday with a super sore left shoulder/neck.  I thought I had just slept crooked.  The odd thing is that it actually got worse as the day went on.  By the afternoon, it was really sore.  I tried to keep stretching it, but it only helped for a few minutes.  When I got home, I massaged it for a few minutes before heading to bed. 

Our youngest son woke up in the middle of the night and we ended up letting him sleep on the couch.  At around 4am, I woke up to check on him and when I bent my head over to see if he was still sleeping, I got dizzy and almost fell over.  I stumbled a couple of steps and then was able to grab the other part of the couch for balance.  Once I stood up, I seemed to be fine getting back to our room.  I went back to bed until time to get up for work.  When I got up, I was a little bit dizzy again, but it was manageable.  I got in the shower and was very careful.  When I tried to wash my hair, I couldn't close my eyes without feeling like I was going to fall over, so it took me a bit longer to get ready.  By the time I finished getting ready, the dizziness was a lot less and almost completely gone by the time I got to work. 

I didn't have anymore dizziness on Friday and my shoulder/neck were better, so I just assumed it was from that.  I did decide to go ahead and schedule a chiropractor appointment to get everything back in line.  I got a recommendation from my doula I used with Baby "E"s birth and she focuses a lot on pregnant women.  They didn't have anything available for Friday or Saturday, so I scheduled it for Monday afternoon.  I thought everything would be fine over the weekend, but boy was I wrong.

I got up this morning because DD had a soccer game at 9am.  Wow, it was a very rough morning.  It took me about an hour just to get out of bed.  When I sat up, I was dizzy right away so I laid back down.  I sat up a little bit at a time and was finally able to get up after about an hour.  I did NOT want to miss her game, so we headed out.  We set up chairs and got ready for the game.  It was super hot AND humid and after about 15 minutes, I had to go sit in the car.  Luckily, I was able to get a spot right in front of the field, so I could see everything and even got some great pictures.  Thankfully, the dizziness got better as the day went on.  Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment