Sunday, October 20, 2013

18 Weeks

 


The usual pictures.  Baby is now the size of a sweet potato.  Our DD had a soccer game in the early afternoon and it was such a beautiful day outside.  My oldest DS took the picture of me in my wrap shirt.  This shirt is super comfy and I'm so glad one of my surro sisters posted a link to it a while back.  http://baby.steals.com/

C & W's Baby in Week of 18 of Pregnancy
My pregnancy back pain may have me tied up in knots (see below), but baby's getting ready to bust a move. At five and a half inches long and five ounces in weight, he now may be large enough for me to feel him twisting, rolling, kicking, and punching his way around the womb. Plus, he's developing yawning and hiccupping skills (I may feel those soon, too!) and his own unique set of toe and fingerprints. (Definitely been feeling some very small movement here and there.  Nothing too big or consistent quite yet and I really have to be paying attention to it.  Can't wait for the movements to get a bit more noticeable.  I'm really hoping that by our appointment in a couple of weeks, C & W may be able to feel them too.  *fingers crossed*)

My Body in Week 18 of Pregnancy

Oh, my aching back! If you've uttered those words more than once this week, here's why: Your uterus, now about the size of a cantaloupe, is causing your body's center of gravity to shift, pulling the lower back forward and pushing the abdomen out (so now everyone can see that you’re pregnant!). On top of all that, joint-loosening pregnancy hormones are wreaking havoc on your muscles and ligaments, adding up to one big ouch! (Luckily, no back pain yet.  I have been going to the Chiro regularly and it has been fantastic.  She specializes in Pregnancy chiropractic and every time I go in there, just about everyone is pregnant.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment