Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ultrasound Update

Today was the ultrasound at the local clinic and it seemed to go well.  I stopped by the clinic on my way in (at 7:30am) to have my blood drawn and then went back at 1:15pm for my ultrasound.  I have had a couple of surro-sisters that have used this clinic and I've always heard good things.  The RE was so nice and she took several measurements.  A couple of the measurements were over 8 and the remainder were all over 7 with triple stripe.  She said everything looked great and she would send the results to the clinic in Houston.

I headed back to work to wait for a call from the clinic.  I got a call late in the afternoon and it wasn't what I wanted or hoped to hear.  She told me that it did look a lot better, but that it was still not to an 8.  I asked if they were looking for it to be a 7 or an 8.  She said that over 7 is good, but 8 is "ideal".  She said that since it wasn't an 8 yet, that they want me to have another ultrasound on Friday in Houston so that we can ensure there aren't any discrepancies with the measurements.  She also said to go ahead and add a single vaginal Estrace in the evening.  This will help build the lining more as well.

Well, I guess it's good that I kept my days off and we're closed on Friday.  Still just a little frustrated since this means more money that C&W will have to pay and another trip to Houston for me.  At least I will get to see C & W again and we are getting closer to where we need to be.  One step closer to transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment