Friday, March 29, 2013

Whirlwind Trip

Wow, what a day.  I have had the busiest couple of days off in a long time.  I'm glad I kept Thursday off too, because it was just as busy as Friday.  I had to run tons of errands, then we had family pics with my favorite photog for Spring.  Plus, I wanted to get a family picture before I'm pregnant again.  After pictures, I had a band booster meeting at oldest DS's school.  I finally got home and got to get ready for my trip to Houston today.  It was definitely a whirlwind trip.  My flight out was at 9am for an ultrasound appointment at 11:45am.  Unfortunately C & W had to work in the AM, but C was going to meet me at the clinic at around 11:30am for the appointment.  I'm so glad that she wants to be so involved.  I do want them to be as involved in the entire process as they are comfortable with.

The surrogacy community is so large and I have been so blessed to have met several surro-sisters in different cities.  I know of 2 in Houston that I have met before and I was so lucky that Denise volunteered to pick me up at the airport and get me to the clinic.  It was a nice drive and we had some time to catch up.  I got to the medical center and hung out in the lobby for a little while since I was pretty early.  About 11:25, I went ahead and headed up to the clinic and checked in.  Right after I checked in, C walked in.  We didn't have to wait very long before they called me back.  I went back for blood work first (as always) and then we headed to the room for the ultrasound.  We sat and chatted while we waited for the nurse to come in to complete the procedure.  It's funny that when the nurse came in, she had mentioned again that they want it to be over a 7.  Really?!  Is it 7 or 8?!  Oh well, either way, I was already there.  She took all the measurements and said that it was a 7.9.  I was just hoping that would be sufficient for them to move forward and not have to push the transfer again.  After the appointment, we had them page our NC so that we could confirm that the US results were acceptable and that they weren't going to need me to come back again the next day since I was scheduled to fly out that afternoon at 4:30pm.  The NC came out and said that everything looked good and we would still transfer next Friday.  Yea!!!  Such great news.

We left the clinic and then headed out to meet W for lunch.  The weather was great, so we ate outside at Cafe Express.  I really enjoy talking to them and getting to know them even more each time we get together.  They have been through so much and both have such a wonderful and hopeful outlook on everything.  The conversation always seems so easy with them and I love that.  I was a little self conscious at first because I was afraid that maybe C and I would talk more and that W wouldn't feel included, but the conversation seemed to flow well between all 3 of us.  After we finished lunch, W headed out to play golf and C took me to the airport.  I gave C her gift and I'm so glad she liked it.  It was an Origami Owl locket that I selected each element for.  She put it on right there.  Made me so happy. 
Good luck charm for transfer.  The pink charm says "hope" for a cure, the ring is for C & W's marriage, a "faith" charm, the yellow stone for fertility and the green stone for luck.
We headed to the airport and I was quite early, so when I checked in, it gave me the option to change my flight.  I was able to get a flight out an hour earlier.  Yea for not sitting at the airport forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment