Thursday, April 4, 2013

The day is almost here.

Oh wow, I'm so tired.  It's been a very busy and long day.  I wish I had taken the day off, but it all worked out just fine.  Worked today (luckily I left on time at 4:30pm) and then headed straight to the airport.  My flight was scheduled for 7pm, so I was there in plenty of time.  When I arrived, I noticed there was a 6:30pm flight as well, so went to the desk to see about getting on stand-by for that flight.  I parked my butt in a chair and waited for them to start boarding.  After a little while, I was glad that I had gotten on the standby list, as the 6:30pm was showing delayed to 6:40 and the 7pm flight I had a seat on was delayed to 7:10pm.  They had called 3 other stand-by names prior to mine, so I really wondered if I was going to make it.  Finally, they called my name and I got in line to board. 

Then came the fun part.  I was walking down the ramp to board and I see people checking their bags.  I knew why when I saw them doing it.  The flight was completely booked and all the overhead storage was already full.  Ugh!!  All I kept thinking was, "I can't check my bag", "shit, I'm not checking this".  I get up to the flight attendant and he asked me my final destination.  I told him Houston, but that I couldn't check my bag.  I explained that, "I have a lot of medication in my bag" and that I couldn't check it.  Not only that, I had my camera in there too and I really didn't want to hassle with taking all that out and then checking it.  I asked if I could go back and keep my seat on the 7pm flight I was on originally and he explained that I would have to go up and check with the desk.  I head on back up the ramp and go up to the desk.  The desk agent said that he had just closed the flight, but he was going to see what he could do.  As he tells me that I need to go to the gate agent and let her know to remove me from the flight, she is coming up the ramp and tells me to come back down.  They found some space for my bag.  Yea!!!  I was so thankful.

When I arrived in Houston, C & W were there to pick me up.  The actual pick up area at Hobby can be crazy, so they told me to just go out through ticketing and they would pick me up there.  I think that ended up being so much faster too.  We had planned on going to dinner before having them take me to the hotel, so that's where we headed.  We went to a wonderful Italian place with great ambiance.  It was pretty packed too and the food was great!  There seemed to be several celebrations and one of the coolest things was how they celebrated birthdays.  With cotton candy!  It was so neat.  They brought out a glass container that looked like a vase full of cotton candy and a sparkler in the middle.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  C said that we should tell them it's our birthday just so we could get one because we both love cotton candy.  I had a great time visiting with them.  After dinner, they took me to the hotel and I got all settled.  Before going to bed, I did take some time to paint my nails.  Green for luck and to match my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment