Monday, April 15, 2013

BETA Day!!!

Today was our first BETA.  We were so excited to see what our number was.  The waiting is always the hardest part.  I'm so glad I have been super busy at work, so that I didn't have all day to obsess about it. 

Got an email from the clinic a little after 3pm that said they had just gotten the results and needed to call C first.  C called me as soon as she got off the phone with our NC and sadly, it wasn't what we were hoping to hear.  Hcg was only a 5.  : (  Typically, they like to see this number closer to 50 (or even more in some cases).  There have been cases where numbers are low and still double appropriately, so that is what we are hoping and praying for at this time.  Maybe this little embryo was slow to implant or grow.  I will go back for a second blood draw on Wed and hopefully, we will see it double.  I think we are all just a bit in shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment