Monday, April 22, 2013

Yep, Negatives SUCK!

Well, just in case you can't tell by the title of this post.  We had our 3rd BETA today and got the results late this afternoon.  They were negative this time.  No hcg.  Although we were all hopeful, we knew that this was most likely the outcome.  At this point, I will stop all meds, wait for AF (which should be in the next couple of weeks) and then start over.  I talked to C after work and it was really good to hear her voice.  I know that she is disappointed, but we are all optimistic for the next try.  We are all glad that there is another little embryo waiting for a home and the fact that this one didn't work out actually increases the odds a bit that the next one will.  We are all still sad that this one didn't work, but understand that it's part of the process and truly out of our hands.  We did everything we possibly could.  Dr. M is going to set up a time to meet with them this week or next to "close out the cycle" and go over everything and I assume that will include an estimated time line for the next cycle.  I'm thinking we are looking at June, probably between the 3rd and 17th depending on how my lining reacts this time.  I'm kind of hoping they go ahead and have me do the patches and stay on the one Estrace vaginally to start with since we know that's what worked the last time.

I will say that I was much happier with our NC this time.  She told me after the last results that she put a note up to remind her about the results for today.  I sent her an email this morning at a little after 9am, letting her know I had my blood drawn at 7:50am.  She emailed me back at a little before 10am, saying that she would watch for the report.  At 2:47pm, I got an email from her that said, "Checking -- still no result yet".  I thanked her for the follow up and got another email just before 3pm that said she was faxing the clinic here to request the results.  Got the final email at a little after 4pm with the results. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry :(
    Wishing you the best of luck next cycle....
    who knows we may even be cycling together again. Beta is Thursday but it's not looking so hot on my end either.

    ReplyDelete