Wednesday, April 17, 2013

2nd BETA....still waiting

Today was our 2nd BETA and we STILL don't have results.  I'm really frustrated with our clinic and I'm sure C&W are a little bit too.  Emailed them at 9am to let our NC know that the blood draw was complete at 7:45am and received an email back at 11:37am letting me know she would contact me as soon as she knew.  3 o'clock came and went.  C & I started texting a little before 4pm, because we knew it was getting late.  Neither of us had received any communication since this morning.  Seriously?!  Given the unique situation, they should've totally been on top of this.  At around 4:30pm, we had still not received any communication.  C decided to call and leave a message and I sent a gentle email reminder.  A little after 5 and STILL nothing!  Ugh!!!  At this point, we were pretty sure she was already gone for the day.  You know, if the first BETA had been normal, I wouldn't have minded waiting an extra day for results, but our first was a 5 and this one was crucial to what happens next with the cycle, plus I'm scheduled to change patches in the morning, but if the results are lower, I don't want to waste them.  Meds are expensive and even though IP's plan for these expenses, it's not respectful of the clinics to assume that the funds are unlimited and I feel that they're being so nonchalant about it.

A little after 6pm, C & I discussed calling the after hours nurse and shortly after I left a message with the service, the on call nurse called me back.  She said that she wasn't able to access the records, but that she would be in at 7:30am and she would leave a note for our NC.  Lovely.  I texted C to let her know.  Nothing else we can do at this point and hopefully we are all able to sleep tonight while we wait.  I'm just going to take my patches with me to work tomorrow in hopes of good news.  Miracles happen all the time and this could still be one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment