Friday, March 1, 2013

A little more progress

Well, work has been so crazy for me this week, since I will be off for the next 3 weeks.  Since my job is so crazy, we earn sabbaticals after our first 5 years and then every 3 years after that.  This will be my 2nd sabbatical, as I have worked for my current employer for 9 years in May.  Wow, the time has definitely flown by and I am looking forward to the time off and getting to do a few projects around the house, spend some time with my family and relax a bit.

I got an email from the NC this morning with the clinic consents.  I was hoping the calendar was attached, but no such luck.  They are forms that will need to be notarized by DH and myself, so we will get that done so we can send them back to the clinic on Monday.  My DH did actually stop by my office this afternoon, but by then, the notaries that work down the hall had already left for the day. 

I did get a bit irritated with the clinic today, as I had emailed the dates that work best yesterday and my attorney sent my legal clearance letter to the clinic on Monday, yet when she sent the date for transfer, she said that we would transfer on the 28th.  The week after I get back from my sabbatical.  I really didn't want to have to take off two days, plus another possible day for screening right when I get back from being off for 3 weeks, in addition, C & W would have to pay lost wages.  If the transfer is done while I'm on sabbatical, they would save the lost wages, since I'm already off.  I emailed the NC to let her know and she said that they could complete any screening over the weekend, which means that I would just need to take off for the transfer itself.  I looked at the vacation calendar and it just so happens we are closed on the 29th in observance of Good Friday, so I would only have to take off the 28th.  I sent in my request and it was approved.  Yea!!  Firm believer that everything happens for a reason and this is just one more of those situations.  It all works out as it should.

I emailed the NC to let her know that the 28th would work and that my request was approved.  She said that was great and that she was going to order meds.  I got a call from the pharmacy and meds will be here tomorrow.  Woohoo!  The only bad thing, is I still don't have the calender.  I even emailed her close to the very end of the day to say that I had spoken with the pharmacy and just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any emails from her (I know I didn't have any new ones, but wanted to cover my bases), but didn't hear back.  Ugh!  I will start meds Monday and at least I'm off, so I will email the NC first thing Monday morning to make sure I don't miss any doses of anything.  At least we have some progress in the right direction.  So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment