Sunday, July 14, 2013

1st Beta Day!!!

Well, I had an option to go to Houston for the first Beta, but I would've needed to spend the night there because they only do them before 7:30am.  They were also flexible to me doing it here, which I opted for.  I thought I was going to have to go to the local clinic on Monday morning because they aren't open on Sundays, but luckily, I called a local hospital that is only about a 5 minute drive from my house and they could do it and have results in about 20 minutes.  Awesome!  I had emailed the NC on Friday to let her know where I would be going on Sunday and she said she would let the weekend nurse know.

I got up at 6am (yes on a Sunday), gave myself my PIO injection, took a shower, got dressed and headed out.  Of course the rest of the entire house was still asleep.  My littles did get up when I was in the shower, but we instructed them to go back to bed because it was SO early.

I got to the hospital at around 10 after 7.  I haven't ever been to this hospital before, as it is brand new, so I asked the desk where the lab was.  They asked me for my paperwork, which I gave them and then they proceeded to get me "registered".  This whole process took a good 30 minutes.  I was starting to worry that we wouldn't have the results in time to get them back to the clinic.  I wasn't sure how long they would have staff there.  Finally at about 10 'til 8, I got to go back and the lab person came and did the blood draw.  He said that he would let me know as soon as the results were back and confirmed it would take about 20 minutes.  I wanted to hurry and get there, so I hadn't eaten breakfast and of course, I was hungry.  I headed to the cafeteria because the Starbucks in the hospital is closed on Sunday.  I grabbed some oatmeal and played on my phone during my wait.  It was so quiet in there.  It was kind of nice.  I headed back downstairs after 20 minutes just to be told that they couldn't release the results to the patient.  They said they did fax them to the clinic though, so figured I'd give the clinic a little bit of time and see if they called.  : (  Well, guess it was worth a shot.  I texted C to let her know that the blood draw was complete and now we had to wait for the results. 

At around 10:30am, I texted C to tell her that I still hadn't heard anything and she hadn't either.  I decided I would go ahead and call the clinic because I didn't know how long they would be in on Sunday.  I had to leave a message for the on call nurse.  At close to 11am, I finally got a call and she said that she wasn't expecting any results for me today.  I explained to her that I told our NC on Friday that I would be going and she had told me she would leave a note for the weekend nurse (who I assume is who I was talking to).  She was so nice and said that she would go up and see if there were any results.  I texted C to let her know and she told me that she was on her way into an engagement party, so wouldn't be able to talk until after.  I told her I would send her a text. 

The weekend nurse called me back at 11:36am and said, "Well, you're very pregnant"  Best news!  I was so excited and she told me the number was 199, which is great for a first number.  I texted C as soon as I got off the phone with the nurse and gave her the number.  I knew she was still at the party since it hadn't been very long and just texted her to call me when she finished up and had a chance.

We had already made plans to go see Despicable Me 2 with my mom and nephews at 1:50pm, so we were already in the theatre when C called me.  Luckily, the previews were just starting, so I stepped out so I could talk to her.  She sounded so excited too and I was so happy for her.  I explained what the nurse had said and that I would continue all meds and then go back on Tuesday morning for the next test.  They will also test my progesterone and estrogen level with the next Beta as well.  We want the Beta number to rise by at least 66% and would love for it to double.  They are still going to wait on telling their families until the 2nd Beta is in and I completely understand that.  I'm sure it's gotta be hard since they already know. 

The test on the bottom is from this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment