Saturday, July 6, 2013

Resting up

After my relaxing night, I was excited to sleep in until around 7am, when I got up and did my injection and then headed back to bed for a bit.  I ended up getting up again about an hour later and decided to go ahead and take a shower and grab some breakfast.  I just went downstairs to grab some fruit and a couple of croissants and took it back upstairs.  I hung out in bed most of the morning and headed downstairs around 11am to get some fresh air.  I sat by the pool on one of the lounge chairs and it was so nice outside in the shade and the music playing down in the courtyard.  I had my laptop with me, so I wasn't bored.  I ended up grabbing a flatbread for lunch.  They have wait staff that service the pool area, so it was super convenient.  It was really yummy too.

 

I had texted with C a couple of times that morning and they were finishing packing up their house for the move later this week.  She was sweet, asking me if I was doing ok and make sure I wasn't bored.  I told her, not at all!  I was enjoying my time relaxing by the pool.  After I finished my pizza, I decided to head back upstairs to the room and take a nap.  That was nice.  I have to make sure I give this little one plenty of opportunity to continue to grow strong.  After my nap, I texted C to see if they were still up for an early dinner, as I knew they had been busy packing up for their move all day, so would've totally understood if they were too tired.  She said they were definitely still up for an early dinner, so they came to the hotel and we decided to go to Ruggles Green, so they just parked and we walked over because it was SO close.  You could see it from the balcony of the hotel.  I had eaten there before with "A" back when I was in Houston for a visit and appointment when we were cycling with baby "E".  I remember the food being really great! 

 
 
W had a flatbread and C & I had a quinoa spaghetti with turkey meatballs.  The food was fantastic and I couldn't even eat all of it.  I always enjoy visiting with them and learning even more about both of them and their families.  After dinner, we headed back towards the hotel and I guess the band had just started and there was a saxophone player and he was awesome.  We all stood in the courtyard for a few minutes and listened to him play.  He was actually walking around, playing at the same time.
 
 
After listening for a little while, I decided to head back up to my room to lay down for a few minutes and then head down to one of the couches on the balcony to listen to the band again.  C & W headed back home.  They will be picking me up in the morning to go to the airport and head back home to my family.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment