Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!!!

It was definitely a busy day, but filled with family, fun and travel to Houston.  Hectic, but all worth it.  I started the day with the family at the 4th of July Parade in Arlington.  It is something that I've been going to since I was little and I even marched in the Parade with band in high school.  It's a tradition that I like to keep up for my kiddos.  Although oldest DS doesn't enjoy it nearly as much as the littles, we all still had a lot of fun.
Jeesh, I feel so short next to oldest DS and DH.  : )
After the parade, we headed to IHOP for brunch, as youngest DS has been bugging me for weeks to go there.  Right after we finished eating, we headed home so I could finish packing, as I had a couple of things in the dryer I needed to throw in my suitcase.  Got everything packed and gave the littles hugs and kisses because they were going down for their naps.  I headed to the nail salon for a mani/pedi before heading out for my trip.  I thought I would have plenty of time, but I ended up cutting it awfully close. 

I got there about 1:30 and they typically do them both at the same time, but today, I only had one person doing both of them.  Don't get me wrong, it was a fabulous pedi.  So relaxing and she did a great job with the leg/foot massage.  By the time she finished with my pedicure, I only had about 20 minutes before I needed to be home and get going to the airport.  I actually had her just go ahead and do the polish, without doing the manicure, which was fine.  She did such a great job.  I copied an idea one of my other surro-sisters used and they turned out fantastic.

 
After I let them dry for about a minute or two, I headed out to the airport.  The two boys were up, so gave them more hugs and kisses, but DD was still napping, so I didn't get to tell her by.  I did tell DH that I would FaceTime with them later.  Technology is so wonderful.  I made it to the airport right at an hour before my flight.  It was originally running about 5 minutes late, but when we got on the plane, there were only 9 of us.  Wow!!  It was the least amount of people I have EVER seen on a flight.  Therefore, we ended up getting into Houston about 5 minutes early.  Guess we made up some time with the plane being so light.  hehe  C & W met me at the airport.  They had been at the Astro's game, so we stopped by their place so they could pack a bag.  They were going to have a stay-cation at the same hotel for the night.  Such a great idea.  The hotel is in an area called CityCentre and there was a big 4th of July celebration planned.  They packed a bag and then we headed to the hotel to drop off our things before going to dinner. 

The hotel is beautiful and very modern.  If you are ever in the area and need a place to stay, I would definitely recommend it.  It is Hotel Sorella

 

There are so many restaurants and shops nearby too.  After we checked in and dropped off our bags, we walked over to Brio for dinner.  We have a Brio at home too, but I've never been before.  It was fantastic!  DH and I will definitely have to go for dinner sometime back home.  The atmosphere was good and the food was great.  W ordered a carpaccio appetizer and OMGosh!!  We all laughed when it came because it was HUGE!!!  It was on a plate that we called a boat, it was so big.  It practically took up half the table.  We all ate some of it, but there was still some left.  C & W gave me such a sweet card and beautiful gift at dinner.  Made me all teary.  They are so incredibly sweet!  IM has one just like it.  I made three wishes before I put it on and made the same three right after (just to make sure). 

 
After dinner, we walked out of the restaurant to people everywhere.  The streets were packed with everyone waiting for the fireworks.  We decided to walk back to the hotel, hoping that they would only be allowing guests in, which happened to be the case.  Yea!!  We walked up to the pool area and found a good spot.  We didn't have to wait too long before they started, but I really enjoyed visiting with C & W and listening to the live band that was playing in the courtyard below. 
 
 
It was such a wonderful night and we are all so excited and hopeful for tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment