Friday, July 5, 2013

TRANSFER Day!!!

I was lucky enough to get a pretty good nights sleep.  I still ended getting up pretty early.  I had set my alarm for 6:30am, but ended up waking around 6am.  I went ahead and got up, did my PIO shot and then hopped in the shower.  I held my necklace and made my same three wishes again.  I had acupuncture at 8:30am and I was going to meet C & W for breakfast at 7:30, so we would have enough time to eat before making the 5 minute drive over to the clinic.  : ) 
Not the best picture because the lighting wasn't great, but it will do.  All ready to go!

I headed down to the lobby to meet C & W.  It was a continental breakfast, but was still great.  All kinds of fresh fruit (including pineapple), mixed dark berries with strawberries, cereal, yogurt, and pastries.  I had some fruit and a good amount of pineapple and a wonderful almost croissant.  They were SO good.  After breakfast, we headed over to the clinic.  I drank about 1/2 a bottle of a 33oz bottle of water on our way.  We got there in plenty of time for my acupuncture.  I went back and it was so relaxing.  We had such a great evening the night before, I was already really calm and the acupuncture just helped that.  I really visualized a lot during this treatment.  I could see my uterus with the embryo in it and growing.  I saw a lot of purple light, which was even more calming.  After I finished the acupuncture, I emptied my bladder because it was really full already and then we walked across the hall to the clinic.  We didn't have to wait too long before they called me back for my blood work.  C came back with me and it was very quick.  The site she placed the needle hurt a bit when she did it and it usually never hurts and when I removed the bandage, I realized why.  She had scraped the needle across my arm.  Ouch!  Luckily, it wasn't too bad and didn't really last very long.  Shortly after my blood draw, they called us all back to get ready for the transfer.  Of course, the nurse tried to make me worry (again) just like before the first transfer that I hadn't had enough to drink since I told her I emptied my bladder after acupuncture.  OMGosh.  Really?!  I knew I would be fine because I still had half a bottle, which I wasn't going to finish, but figured I should just to be on the safe side.  We went back to a waiting area and I had to put on the lovely hospital gowns.  Yes, gowns.  One open to the back and the other over it open to the front, like a robe.
So fashionable.  : )
Once I was changed, the nurse came in with all the required forms.  Luckily, it was pretty quick, they have us each say our names and last 4 of social for C & W and DOB for me because my bladder was starting to feel full.  I had already finished the other half of my water and took my Valium.  We all signed the forms and they told us the embryo thawed well and everything was ready.  We walked back to the procedure room and they said it would be a few minutes.  I think there was only one ultrasound tech there and she was busy at the moment.  Finally, she came in to check my bladder and said I was an over achiever.  I knew that by the way I was feeling.  Shortly after, the Dr. came in to do the transfer.  She is so nice and really easy going.  It was a bit of a whirlwind and finished so quickly.  I had to lay there for another 20 minutes before I could get up.  After 20 minutes, the nurse came in and said that we could head out.  I went straight to the bathroom as soon as I got out the door.  Oh, that felt so much better.  I got dressed and then we took a picture of all of us by the fountain in the lobby.  After that, we got on the elevator.  As we were heading down, I realized we forgot about my 2nd acupuncture, so back up we went.  I guess the Valium was definitely helping me relax.  I went back for my acupuncture and fell asleep this time.  When I was finished, we all walked to the car and headed back to the hotel.  C & W were going to go ahead and check out and I was going to rest up.  It was now close to noon.  I changed into my gown and climbed back into the comfy bed.  I crashed pretty hard and slept really well until almost 3pm.  C texted me to see how I was doing and we were trying to decide about early dinner.  We decided to meet at 5:30pm for dinner, so I went back to sleep for just a little bit longer and slept for another hour.  I'm glad I was able to get so much rest. 

I got up and got dressed for dinner.  C & W picked me up and we headed to a restaurant in CityCentre called McCormick and Schmicks.  It was primarily seafood, but I got some steak medallions with the absolute BEST mashed potatoes I've ever had. They were red bell pepper and white cheddar mashed potatoes.  OMGosh, fabulous!!  After dinner, they drove me back to the hotel, as they were going to meet the previous owners of their house to go over a few things.  They will be moving next week.  There was a bakery that was not far from the hotel at all.  I could actually see it from the balcony.  I walked over there and got the most amazing macaroons.  They had so many different flavors and they were fantastic.  I decided to lounge by the pool for a bit and listen to the music being played on the stage below.  Sadly, some people arrived and started smoking, so I moved over to the balcony, which was still great.  This way I could watch everyone in the courtyard below, lounge on an outdoor couch and enjoy my macaroons.  Mmmmmm!!  I will definitely have to pay this place a visit next time I'm in Houston.  I need to see if they deliver. 


 
Macaroons!  Lemon, Chocolate, Hazlenut,
S'mores and Coconut were the best!
Wonderful listening to the music below and watching
all the families.
  
It was a wonderful end to an absolutely wonderful day.  Getting lots of rest and letting this little one snuggle in nice and tight.  







No comments:

Post a Comment