Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Contract Review

One step closer.  I received the contract via email today and started to read over it.  Looks like only a couple of changes so far and I don't think there will be too many more.  Once I review everything, I will send any changes to my attorney to adjust and then she will send it back for one more read over, then back to the C&W's attorney.  Hopefully we can have it all wrapped up by the end of next week (or close to it). 

Contracts are always the hardest part for me because even though we want to always think, "Oh, that will never happen to me/us" or all the other "what if's", this is the piece where we realistically have to consider all of those things.  It really stinks, because no one ever really wants to consider those options and most people having babies the "traditional" way don't have to cross that bridge until they get there.  As surrogates and IP's, we don't really have to cross those bridges until we get there either, but we have to plan in the event they are there.  We all have to be protected, which is why it is so important to discuss these things while matching and I'm glad that we did that and are all on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment