Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Work" Vacation

 
Today we left for Playa del Carmen, Mexico for my incentive trip for work. It is a trip that we, as Managers earn each year for exceeding our goals. This is the first one I have been able to attend, as the first time, my youngest DS was only 5 weeks old and I was not going to leave him home (even though it would be with my mother) at 5 weeks.  I was still breastfeeding and it would've just been too hard, plus I would miss all of that time with him.  The 2nd time, I was pregnant with baby "E".  I was NOT going to miss it again and I'm so glad we went. 

This trip is for managers and spouses, so DH got to come along too.  We flew out of DFW at 11:10am and arrived at The Fairmont Mayakoba around 3pm.  Here are a couple of pictures from our arrival at the resort.                    


            
              The entrance to our resort.

The view from the lobby.
  
We got into the lobby, checked in and headed to our room. There were about 42 of us all together and we all had Casitas like the ones on the right in the picture above, but ours were on the left.  The path to get there was absolutely beautiful and the rooms were just as nice.  We got to the room, unpacked a few things and then I had to get off to my one and only meeting of the whole trip.  When we walked in, the room was amazing!  The bathroom was huge and DH joked that we would just spend the whole trip in there.  hehe

The bathroom.  There are actual trees behind the glass. 
 
Luckily, it was a pretty fun meeting, complete with champagne and all.  I don't drink much at all to begin with, but realistically, I've only had 2 glasses of wine since baby "E" was born and obviously, nothing for the 2 years before that due to cycling and being preggo.  Needless to say, after the 2 whole glasses of champagne at the meeting, I had a little buzz going.  The meeting was a "roast" of sorts (the comedy type of course) where the Sr. Management team discussed the accomplishments that got each of us there, customized to our strengths and in some cases our hobbies.  It was really fun.  After our meeting, we all went to grab our spouses for a little mixer since not everyone knows everyone.  The company I work for is not huge, and most of us have been there at least 5 years or more (a lot close to 10 years +), so most of us know each other and each others spouses, but there are a few newbies too.  I met DH at the restaurant they had selected for the get together.  It was quite fun.  They had a musician playing and of course, open bar.  LOL!  I only had a pina colada, although I'm quite sure several of my colleagues had much more to drink. They also had a photographer, who took pictures of each couple, as well as a group photo (which I will have to post later due to a photoshop mistake - quite funny really). 
Not the best quality, but it's a picture of the picture.  : )  <3 him so much!!
After visiting for a while, we headed back to the room to finish unpacking and turn in for the night, as it had been a pretty long day and I had to get up early on Friday for the catamaran trip, plus it was dark and we couldn't really see a lot around the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment