Friday, February 22, 2013

The Reason We Do It

Me with Miss Molly
 
Tonight was such a wonderful night.  I had the pleasure of visiting one of my surro-sisters and her intended family tonight.  I have known this surro-sister for quite a while now and have been following her journey from the beginning.  We cycled together once and supported each other through our difficult times/losses, as well as celebrated the good moments too.  I got to meet her IM when they were down here for an appointment back in the beginning too.  We all had lunch together. 
 
We were able to visit for a couple of hours and I got to get some snuggles in with Miss Molly, who I watched grow in her surro-mommy's belly.  After a very long labor, she delivered an 8lb 10oz baby girl to her awaiting parents and big brother.  With permission, here is a link to the video of the labor and The Birth of Molly with photo credit to Terah Pliley Photography
 
Unfortunately, I'm not able to post the pictures from "E"s birth, so I'm glad I can live vicariously through this video and want to share the beautiful joy and blessings surrogacy gives.  All the meds, restrictions, and months of pregnancy are all totally worth it for the end result of creating and building a family. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment