Saturday, February 16, 2013

Fun Day of Activities

As part of our trip, my company covered the cost of one excursion per person.  I chose to go on a tour of Tulum and then to Xel-ha (Shell-ha), which is like a water park with an ocean lagoon instead of a pool.  DH decided to golf, since the course at the resort we are staying is the only PGA course in Mexico.  So many of my colleagues decided to get massages.  Don't get me wrong, massages are great, but DH and I both wanted to do something we couldn't do back home and we both love the outdoors.  I was so afraid it was going to rain, since the forecast had a 50% chance.  I was determined that it meant a 50% chance that it wasn't going to rain and it worked.  The day couldn't have been more beautiful.  Blue skies with a few clouds here and there. I got a decent amount of sun the day before, so I made sure to put on plenty of sunscreen.  I wasn't taking any chances.  Tulum was beautiful and has such history.  Our guide was great and really gave us a lot of information about the Mayan people, as well as walked us to some perfect spots to get some great pictures.
 
In front of the temple.
 
Standing on the cliff edge with the watch tower in the background.
 
So many beautiful shades of blue.  It was truly amazing!!  The colors are so much more vivid that it seems in the pictures.
After Tulum, we (myself and two of my colleagues with their spouses) headed to Xel-ha for the remainder of the day.  I snorkeled for a bit and then decided to explore the property.  It was convenient because they flew the orange fish kites where the fish were more prevalent.  I walked A LOT!!  Luckily, I had water shoes, so I didn't have to worry about getting my tennis shoes all wet if I decided to get back in the water.   They had so many things to do.  You could swim in the cenotes on the property, zip line, float on the "lazy river" and one of my favorite things I did.....cliff jumping.  I say jumping, because the rules said, "feet first.  No diving."  It was so much fun.  I did it three times and it was a little of an adrenaline rush.  It was probably a little taller than a high dive, but still a bit scary the first time none the less.  After jumping a few times, I finished walking the property and then headed back to the other side on the little tram they have that runs from one end to the other.  I grabbed something to eat and then relaxed in a hammock.  They had two hammock areas, where there were probably 20 + hammocks and everyone was just hanging out and some were even sleeping.





After I got back to the resort, I found DH napping after his golf game.  I woke him up and told him I wanted to go down to the beach.  After all, this was day 3 at this beautiful place, within walking distance to the beach and we hadn't even been down there yet.  We put on our swimsuits and headed down to the beach before it started to get to dark.  The colors of the ocean and sky were beautiful pastels at sunset.  We saw some of the other people in our group at the beach, so had them take a couple of pictures for us.  There weren't a ton of people on the beach at this time of day/evening, so we really enjoyed our stroll along the beach, letting the water run over our feet.  The weather was still really nice, although it was starting to get a little cooler.  The really neat thing is that we imagined the water would be really cool, if not cold and boy were we wrong.  We let it run over our feet and to our surprise, it was really warm.  The cold part, was when the water retreated back and we went up further on the beach into the soft sand.  It really made are feet cold, so we would get closer to the water where we could keep our feet in a little longer.
 
Me and DH on the beach at sunset.  Obviously, I had on a different swimsuit Friday on the
boat, since my belly really didn't get any sun.  LOL!
I loved letting the water run over my feet and thought it looked so cool, so here is the best picture I could capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment